Pro bono net
Location: Manhattan, New York
About: Pro Bono Net is a national nonprofit, founded in 1999, dedicated to increasing access to justice for the disadvantaged. Through innovative technology solutions and expertise in building and mobilizing justice networks, Pro Bono Net transforms the way legal help reaches those in need.
The Tech Fellow will work with Pro Bono Net (PBN) on various initiatives focusing on the adoption and expansion of use of online forms to close the justice gap nationwide. The primary project for the Fellow will be assisting with the gathering and analysis of online form use from legal services programs to help prepare and create knowledge and intelligence that enables PBN to better manage, support, and promote the use of online forms by legal nonprofit staff, pro bono lawyers, and self-represented litigants. The Tech Fellow also will work with other technology initiatives related to LawHelp Interactive (LHI), including, but not limited to, helping promote the use of LHI widgets with programs and other similar online form community projects and needs as they arise related to supporting the online form community. This Fellowship is sponsored by the Legal Services Corporation (LSC), whose grantee, Ohio State Legal Services Association, is contracting with Pro Bono Net to develop the project.
- Using LHI internal reports and statistics, Zendesk data, Google Analytics, and other information and data from community calls and other forums to develop materials and online resources that provide insights into how and by whom LHI is used, including: categories of LHI users, types of support LHI provides, types of problems that LHI addresses, location, organization type, work flow delivery model, and other categories;
- Using the LHI new evaluation plan created by MA Appleseed, work with the LHI program manager to make sure all the data sources are collecting the required data and develop a protocol and process to make this data available to the future evaluator;
- Other duties as assigned by the project advisor.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent legal research skills
- Familiarity with Tableau, R, and info gram software, Google Analytics, and other tools that help analyze multiple data streams and create findings presentations that are easy to understand and share with partners, funders, and the general public preferred
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Experience with using technology, including document assembly, websites, and video conferencing, preferred
- Ability to know when to ask questions and check in with others, self-aware and good judgement