Northwest Justice Project - LSNTAP
Location: Seattle, WA
About: NTAP helps nonprofit legal aid programs improve client services through effective and innovative use of technology. To do this, we provide technology training, maintain information, create online tools, and host community forums such as the LStech email list. Read about us, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Tech Fellow will work with the Legal Services National Technology Assistance Project (LSNAP) on various initiatives focusing emerging innovate technologies. The primary project for the Fellow will be scoped in the first 2 weeks of the fellowship and could include AI, chat bots, video resources, comic, GIS maps, or any other technology for helping advocates, organizations or clients. The Tech Fellow also will work with other technology initiatives related to LSNTAP, including, but not limited to, helping promote the use of educational resources and to build online community. The fellow will also become involved in the Washington Sate Access to Justice Technology community and may assist or related projects. This Fellowship is sponsored by the Legal Services Corporation (LSC), whose grantee is Northwest Justice Project.
- Plan, manage and execute a project using emerging technology to create legal help tools for advocates or clients
- Help other legal services organizations with technology and legal questions
- Create educational resources for advocates and legal services organizations
- Use Social media and video to share lessons learned and best practices
- Other duties as assigned by the project advisor.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent legal research skills
- Interest in learning new technology
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with using technology
- Online search skills
- Basic coding or willingness to learn basic coding