nassau Suffolk law services
Location: New York, New York
About: Nassau Suffolk Law Services (NSLS) is dedicated to providing equal access to basic human rights and services through provision of high quality legal representation, public information and community advocacy training to ensure that low income, disabled and disadvantaged individuals have equal access to the civil justice system on Long Island.
Nassau Suffolk Law Services Committee and LawHelpNY seeks a full-time, 10-week fellow to be part of the team responsible for creating an outreach program for LawHelpNY.org focused on Suffolk and Nassau counties, develop community partnerships, assist in reporting on a gap analysis and assist in the creation of new mobile friendly, accessible resources for low-income residents.
- Compiling the results of the gap analysis to align new content development priorities with the areas of highest need in Long Island;
- Analyzing and reporting on user needs in Nassau and Suffolk counties;
- Providing recommendations for usability and accessibility improvements for resources on LawHelpNY for Long Island residents;
- Developing a Long Island outreach plan that provides access points for legal resources and referral information for those with limited or no internet access;
- Developing regional partnerships with local community based organizations, senior centers, libraries, and/or community centers to enable partners to share new resources with community members;
- Creating and disseminating print and online outreach materials;
- Assisting with research for and development of new accessible, mobile friendly content that address needs surfaced during the gap analysis phase;
- Drafting new accessible content geared towards Long Island residents;
- Adapting user experience testing methods for the new resources developed under this grant and LawHelpNY website updates.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Comfort with technology.
Comfort with public speaking.
Excellent legal research skills.
Commitment to the mission and vision of Nassau Suffolk Law Services Committee and LawHelpNY
Ability to prioritize and manage projects and tasks to meet deadlines.
Self-motivated and able to work independently.
Creativity and willingness to take on challenging projects.