Location: Albuquerque, NM
About: JusticeHub.tools is an online social network & hub aimed to aid in the identification, prevention, mitigation and solving of justice issues that affect our communities.
The Tech Fellow will work on the JusticeHub.tools technology initiative at NMLA. The primary project for the Fellow will be assisting with the development of a social network & hub aimed to aid in the identification, prevention, mitigation and solving of justice issues that affect our communities. NMLA rolled out the hub in June 2017 and seeks the assistance of the ATJ Tech Fellow to foster the community and cultivate collaboration between legal aid lawyers and technologists.
- Cultivate a relationship with other legal aid offices
- Collect completed and in-progress legal aid technology and post on the platform
- Foster the community and JusticeHub.tools’ user base in their state by attending events and sharing legal aid tech content
- Encourage partnerships with technology, open source, and justice advocacy group
- With the help of NMLA and LSC leadership, participate in training on the uses of JusticeHub.tools, and ways to approach collaborators
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervising Attorney.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of JusticeHub.tools and NMLA.
- Ability to prioritize and manage projects and tasks to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able and work independently.
- Creativity and willingness to take on challenging projects.
- Experience with using a variety of technology platforms, tech savvy.
- Interest in technology such as artificial intelligence, blockchain, and data visualization