illinois legal aid online
Location: Chicago, IL
Illinois Legal Aid Online's mission is to increase access to justice for lower-income and vulnerable Illinois residents through the innovative use of technology to assist and educate the public and to train and support legal aid providers and pro bono attorneys.
Illinois Legal Aid Online (ILAO) seeks a full-time, 10-week fellow to be part of the team responsible for IllinoisLegalAid.org. The fellow will be a part of an agile team who develops products and services that meet ILAO’s strategic goals and the legal needs of lower-income people in Illinois. The fellow will work on a variety of interesting and challenging projects including the development of automated legal forms, user research and testing, and market research and analysis of other websites and features. The fellow reports to the Automated Documents Producer. This is an on-site fellowship located at ILAO’s office in Chicago.
Assessment: after reviewing and testing automated document (form preparation program) interviews and their use, recommend prioritized updates to and deprecation of interviews based on data
Analysis: through interviews, observation and other research, identify how ILAO can better assist legal aid attorneys do their jobs more efficiently and effectively
Testing: develop and implement UX, software and forms tests to ensure that website features meet the needs of our users and our business requirements
Research: conduct market research on and evaluation of certain website features - semantic markup, localized content / personalization, SMS, membership, comments/ratings, etc.
- Self-motivated and assertive with a desire to seek out and pursue opportunities
- Desire and ability to evaluate, revise and continuously improve
- Prioritizes and manages projects and tasks well to complete work on time and meet deadlines
- Works independently; identifies more effective methods of work
- Exacting attention to detail and a commitment to producing quality work
- Consistent and open communicator Passion for the mission and vision of Illinois Legal Aid Online