alaska legal services corporation
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Alaska Legal Services Corporation's mission is to provide high quality civil legal services to low income and disadvantaged people and communities to protect their safety, their health and promote family stability. We are dedicated to bridging the statewide gap between those who need civil legal help and those who are able to get it. We have an unwavering and longstanding commitment to assuring that Alaska’s rural communities have access to the justice system.
ALSC seeks a full-time, 10-week fellow to be part of the team responsible for ALSC's Pro Bono Training Academy and the AlaskaTribes.org website. ALSC’s Online Student Intern position provides a law student with the opportunity to work in civil legal aid and explore access to justice issues, including the use of technology in legal services, the use of technology in delivery of services to very rural populations, alternative legal services delivery models, and pro bono support and education online.
The fellow will assist in the development and maintenance of innovative web resources including websites, text information, forms, and multimedia presentations. Specific activities include the following:
- Drafting, researching, and editing legal education materials and legal forms to bolster ALSC’s Pro Bono Training Academy (PBTA)—a support mechanism for pro bono attorneys;
- Preparing and assisting with the production of live video webinars and archived video presentations as part of the PBTA;
- Drafting, researching, and editing materials for the AlaskaTribes.org website, an ALSC maintained website with information and resources for tribal advocates.
- Maintaining and possibly redesigning Alaskatribes.org to make it more user friendly, intuitive, and mobile.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent legal research skills.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of ALSC.
- Ability to prioritize and manage projects and tasks to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able and work independently.
- Creativity and willingness to take on challenging projects.